Join us in support, community, and accountability, to help you write your novel done during Nanowrimo!
There is no curriculum, so you can write your novel!
This support group runs from November 1-30, 2019.
For you, if you are a:
- -- Current or former student of Plan Your Novel course
- -- First-timer to Nanowrimo to writing a novel and who wants support while they write
- -- Experienced novelist who wants the added support
For November we will gather in the Fellowship of the Pen so you can write your novel.
Goal: Write your novel in November!
We know you can do this!
When you join the course, you will have:
- -- A safe space to write your novel, in community with authors like you
- -- Small and intimate group support with weekly calls (4 Tuesdays at 5:30 pm Pacific/8:30 pm Eastern)
- -- Help with the sagging middle
- -- Accountability to sit down and write daily
- -- Tips and techniques on how to make room in your life to write daily (or nearly daily)
- -- Brainstorming opportunities with your cohorts when you’re stuck
- -- Support with re-assigning the critical, editorial, judging (left-brain mind)
- -- Practice sharing in a safe place; you only need to share what you feel comfortable sharing
- -- Feedback from peers (optional and peer-generated)
- -- Cheerleaders for what you’re creating from your peers and knowledgeable mentors, Beth & Ezra Barany
More About Who This Course is For
— This course is for writers who will be doing Nanowrimo, but want the added support of experienced teachers and mentors, who are also novelists: Ezra Barany and I, Beth Barany. Yep, we’re married, and actually met at a fiction writing group over 20 years ago.
— If you’re dedicated to the idea of writing your book but are overwhelmed by all the emails Nanowrimo sends, and want intimate group support.
— This is your first novel and you’re not sure what you’re doing, but you’re determined to see this experiment through.
— You’ve done Nano several times and never finished, and this time you really want to finish and feel great about it.
— You’ve done Nano and felt totally lost by the time you got to the middle of your book.
Your instructors and guides, Beth and Ezra Barany
We’re here to help you!
"I've signed up for virtually all the classes the Barany School of fiction offers, and absolutely love them! Author-instructors Beth and Ezra have extensive knowledge in genre fiction, book marketing and other areas of writing, so you're always learning much more than just the amazing course material. Their positivity, support, and eagerness to address questions provides a fun, supportive environment that draws out the Muse and fosters your creativity. What I love most, in addition to the great community of fellow students, is the spectrum of education they provide. -- Tamsen Kaye, Urban Fantasy Author
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- -- Membership in our Private Fellowship of the Pen Facebook group for November to continue the support, accountability, and tailored guidance.
- -- Four Live Teaching/Coaching calls: Tuesdays at 5:30pm PACIFIC on our Zoom channel for spot checks, motivation, writing tips during your busy life, and cheers on every step you take. The calls are 60-90 minutes long
- -- Home study course to support your creative journey: "The Writer's Adventure Guide"
- -- Two Bonuses: "Overcome Writer's Block" e-book by Beth Barany, and a Tracking Sheet to track your writing progress
- -- Expert support from two writers and teachers who have done Nanowrimo many times
- -- Community, accountability, and fun
IS NOW THE TIME TO WRITE YOUR NOVEL?
If you want to stretch and write your first novel, or finish a manuscript that's been sitting around, NaNoWriMo is a great excuse and laboratory to take action.
If you're ready, dive into NaNoWriMo. Register on their site. Set your goal and block off time on your calendar.
If you'd like added support with an intimate community of dedicated writers, then register below for our support group. We'd love to have you!
ABOUT THE PLAN YOUR NOVEL courseBeth Barany + Louise Foerster at RWA 2015, New York City[/caption] "I just [have] to say thank you from the bottom of my heart and with the full wide-eyed wonder of a writer who has been stunned at how penetrating and fantastically motivating your course is! ... I LOVE the coursework. It is generous, bracing, actionable, everything that I was hoping for when I signed up. The novel that has been perplexing me for months upon months is now moving steadily along ... "I remain stunned by how practical this course is and what an incredible difference it has made for me in my work! ... -- Louise Foerster, Author
"You guys played off so well against each other and delivered such amazing writing nuggets - more of that! And I loved the one-on-one action feel, the way you always responded to everything people posted on the lessons. I thought this was an amazing course." -- Margay Leah Justice, Romance/Horror Author
About the Instructors
Happily married for over 17 years, we’re passionate about writing, story telling, and guiding authors to achieve your dreams.
Together we have written and published 20 books, plus 3 audio books. Together and separately, we have taught thousands of students over the years, in both the public and private sector, including overseas in Paris, France. We both teach (and in Beth’s case, coach) and are working on writing and publishing our novels.
Why work with Beth and Ezra:
- Beth has written and published 5 novellas, 6 novels, a collection of the romance novellas, a short story, a novel prequel, 4 books in a science fiction series in the last 10+ years.
- Beth has used this process successfully in each of her 5 novellas and 12 novels.
- Beth has taught all these tools to other authors and has seen how effective these tools are.
- Ezra has written 5 novels during Nanowrimo.
- He successfully uses the techniques that we teach.
- Ezra has published 3 thrillers and has written several more during Nanowrimo in past years.
Why We Really Want You in this Course
Ezra and I want to support authors who want support, know they learn best in small, hands-on learning environments, and who want to have a career as novelists. If that’s you, we really want you in our course.
Beth and Ezra Barany teaching a webinar with Kitty, our black cat. Though now in the spirit realm, Kitty wants you in our course, too.
This course is offered by us, Beth Barany, certified creativity coach for writers, writing teacher, workshop leader, and novelist; and, Ezra Barany, novelist, teacher, and mentor.
Beth: I'm an award-winning, best-selling novelist in YA fantasy and paranormal romance, who has worked with hundreds of authors to help them get their books written, polished, and published to the delight of their readers. I'm passionate about writing, story telling, and guiding you to achieve your dreams. See you in the class!
I'm also the author of books for writers, including Plan Your Novel Like A Pro, co-written with my husband, thriller writer Ezra Barany.
Ezra: I'm the award-winning best-selling author of The Torah Codes series. As a teacher for over 11 years, my goal is to see your writer's dream realized with the completion of your book. I look forward to meeting you soon.